Let us start by thanking God for His many benefits according psalm 68:19 “Blessed be the Lord, Who daily loads us with benefits, The God of our salvation!
Cast your mind back, take a trip down memory lane, have u enjoyed any benefit, any favour in your life? It’s time to thank God for them, for daily, I mean each day; He has loaded you with benefits.
Let’s also thank God for our salvation. The verse says He is the God of our salvation. It’s so easy to take our salvation for granted but it is by grace. So let’s thank Him for the gift of salvation. That we know Him, that we can call Him “father! Romans 8:15-17
Action: Keep a cheerful countenance all day, let songs of praise flow from within you.
Today we are praying about “what we were born to do.
“For this reason I was born, and for this reason I came into the world—to testify to the truth.” John 18:37
“I came that they might have life and might have it abundantly.” John 10:10
Jesus’ life had a purpose, a reason for coming. That speaks to me we all have our reasons for being born .
Why am I here? What was I born to accomplish? How do I make that purpose known to the world? So let us pray
(1)Lord, I believe you have placed me on this earth for your own divine purpose, father open my eyes to see it, let me walk in your plans for me. Show me this purpose oh Lord and let me daily live in it. Jeremiah 1:5
There is a saying that “the stone does not always know what ripples it has caused in the pond whose surface it impacts”
By fulfilling our God given mission on earth, we have no idea the lives we would impact. So we are going to pray like Jesus prayed for his disciples in John 17
(2) Father, help me find and fulfil my life mission and assignment so that lives will benefit from my own life. For as many as you have ordained will be blessed by me, let me be a blessing to them. I’m like a fruitful tree that many come to stay under the shade and eat of its fruit, I am a gift to my world, let me be a gift in the true meaning of the word.
There is something called “The sand of time” the sand of time is “history”. When someone leaves behind footprints in the sand of time, they are leaving behind imprints of themselves or their actions in history. These imprints, or footprints, lasts for generations. They become memories, footprints, which may never disappear, or take centuries to disappear.
(3) Father, I will not just come and go, but my life will count, I will leave footprints in the sand of time and I will glorify you by completing the work you have given me to do
I glorified you on earth by completing the work you gave me to do. (John 17:4)
Today we are praying about “little things”
Catch the foxes for us, the little foxes that ruin the vineyards – for our vineyard is in bloom. (Song of Solomon 2:15)
Awhile ago I got a tiny piece of meat stuck in my teeth, I tried tooth pick, brushed, used my fingers, but I couldn’t get this meat off. I continued my day like normal, but I wasn’t comfortable with myself. As I was about going to bed I brushed and I saw a very tiny thread of meat come off, suddenly I felt at ease. It was just one small thing and it got my system all tussled up.
Then the Holy Spirit began to minister to me about the little foxes that spoils the vineyard. The seemingly little things we do that have big consequences in our lives. The little problems that cause big destructions.
So today, see yourself as a beautiful vineyard, we are coming against everything that will not let us blossom. All the little foxes that’s destroying the vineyard.
Let us pray
“I am the vine; you are the branches. The one who remains in me – and I in him – bears much fruit, because apart from me you can accomplish nothing. (John 15:5 )
1) Lord I thank you because I am fruitful, give me grace to totally abide in you that I may bear much fruits.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, (Galatians 5:22)
2) I declare “I am fruitful” all these fruits of the spirit are evident in my life in Jesus name. I’m filled with love, joy, peace, etc
“Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much”. Luke 16:10
3) God cares about little details, so Lord I confess every little sin, little grievance, all the things that I do and say “it doesn’t matter” but these are the foxes destroying my vineyard and preventing my blossoming . The little compromises, the little cheating! Have mercy on me Lord
4) Lord, I humble myself before you, I do not claim to be holier than the next person, I renounce all the little sins that has rendered me spiritually powerless e.g laziness to pray, gluttony, lies, gossip, judging others, lust, envy and so on. ( mention your own)
5)Father, catch and destroy for me all the small foxes that can eat up my marriage/ relationships. Foxes like disrespect, insensitivity, negligence, misunderstanding, nagging, coldness , etc ( mention the one you do). Help me Lord and take these little foxes far away from me.
6) finally let us pray concerning the little foxes dealing with our health. The lack of exercise, the over eating, eating wrong food when you know fully well it’s bad for you, the wrong use of medicines , every lack of discipline and self control! Lord help me catch these small foxes that eventually makes one sick and weak.
Today I want to share a prayer point that is very dear to my heart.
I’ll like to start with one of my favourite sayings by a popular poet ; Emma Bombeck.
“When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, ‘I used everything you gave me’.
today we are praying about our TALENTS.
God is an investor and He doesn’t waste resources. The bible says in 1 Peter 4:10 “As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace” We are all gifted in one way or the other.
The question is “am i maximizing my God-given talents?
Let us pray
2 Timothy 1:6
“For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you…
1) Father in the name of Jesus, I declare a spiritual fanning into flame of all the good gifts you have deposited within me. Lord I am a fertile ground, I’m productive with my talents. Therefore I command that in the spirit realm this moment there is a fanning into flame, My spirit man is renewed and fire is rekindled on the inside of me. I’m blazing for Christ and I glorify Him with all my talents in Jesus name.
1 Timothy 4:14
Do not neglect the gift you have….
2) I declare an awakening. Every talent I used to have but neglected over time is brought back to life in Jesus name .My gifts do not just lie dormant but I’m proactive in using them for Christ, such that when I stand before God, I can say I used it all for Him.
A man’s gift makes room for him and brings him before the great.
3) from Today, my gifts and talents open doors for me.
God has put a gift or talent in me, and the world will make room for me. No matter how many people are doing what I do, as long as it’s my gift, I will be recognized and celebrated at it.
My gifts will usher me into the presence of great men, the world is waiting for my manifestation! I’m coming out in JESUS NAME!
action :- Today, think deeply, make a list of your gifts/ talents and rate each on how you have been using them
Today we are praying about our flaws/ our weaknesses.
Abraham the father of faith had a flaw- he lied twice, Adam was disobedient, Moses killed a man and he had a low self esteem, Samson was a womanizer, David an adulterer and Sarah thought it was impossible for her to conceive…. through all this flawed people, God demonstrated his power.
2 Corinthians 12:9 says “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”
Let us pray.
But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to Him. (Jeremiah 18: 4)
1) Lord I admit my weaknesses before you (mention them) I’m flawed Lord.
But I know you created me as seem best to you. Let my life glorify you, even my flaws.
And yet, Lord, you are our Father. We are the clay, and you are the potter. We are all formed by your hand. (Isaiah 64:8)
2) my father, the one who formed me, demonstrate your power in my weakness. Your strength is perfect when mine is weak.
But we have this treasure in earthen vessels to show this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 2 cor 4:7
3) treasures are precious things, rare things. The above verse talks of treasure in earthen vessels, ordinary vessels. Father, let me not be deceived by the “ordinariness of me” and the many flaws I possess, and my past mistakes. Let me realise the treasure I carry and shine like a bright light in my world.
Numbers 20:12 “God said to Moses….. Therefore you shall not enter the promise land.
4) Father, deliver me from every character flaw that could prevent me from finishing strong. Anger did not let Moses see the promise land. Lord separate me from every evil trait that could destroy my destiny
Today we are praying against “mental laziness”
proverbs 6:6-11” take a lesson from the ant you lazy bones….
There is no way a person can be who she was born to be, activate her God given talents if she is mentally lazy. Physical laziness is bad enough but when one’s brain refuses to think out of the box, gets too tired to find solutions, doesn’t want to explore new ideas, then there is no moving forward.
Mental laziness is when your mind cannot comprehend big things. It is when you give up because you are tired or you feel you have done enough. Mental laziness is when you stop pushing through because something is not easy.
Sisters, mental laziness prevents us from even praying, because to read through all this prayer points is work! We just scroll to the end and say “amen”
today in the name of Jesus, we are set free from every form of laziness.
Let us pray
Be transformed by the renewing of your mind…
1) Dear Lord, I repent of all forms of laziness, as transformation comes from within oh Lord, I ask that you renew my mind.
2 Corinthians 10:5
2) I Take every one of my thoughts (beliefs, imaginations, dreams, and ideas) captive to the obedience of Christ. I think the right thoughts in Jesus name
How long will you lie down, O sluggard? When will you arise from your sleep? “A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to rest….
3) I jerk awake from every mental laziness in Jesus name! every slumbering and sleepiness is taken away from me. My mind is sharp and active. I’m able to conceive new ideas and move forward
Proverbs 26:13 “the lazy person claims, ‘There’s a lion on the road! Yes, I’m sure there’s a lion out there!
4) Lord I stop making excuses, i step out of my comfort zone, no fear, no lion can hold me back. My brain is energised to think. And my hands are not lazy about executing ideas
Action; exercise your mind. THINK!
There is a saying that “Life cannot be measured in the breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away”. This implies it is the “moments” we experience in life that makes up a life time. The joy, the excitement, the gift of each new day. Life is not a rehearsal, this is the real deal, you will not see yesterday again. So get a life! Stop wasting away on unnecessary things.
We are often encumbered with many things and on a day like this we probably have a thousand things calling for attention, but today we are praying about “needful things” we are seizing the moments and doing the needful.
Let us pray :-
-Lord help me to FOCUS on what you will have me do per time
Proverbs 4:25 says “Let your eyes look directly forward, and your gaze be straight before you.
– Lord may I not be about many things and end up wasting time & resources
Proverbs 16:3 says “Commit your works to the Lord, And your plans will be established
– Lord show me where you want me to go per time, who you want me to see and what you would have me involve myself in. If your presence doesn’t go with me, I don’t want to go Lord. Exodus 33:15
Action : Read Luke 10:42 and keep asking for wisdom to choose the needful things in life and make every minute count for God
There is something scary about blindness. Jesus couldn’t stand it, either physically or spiritually, He went about healing the physically blind and enlightening the spiritual blinds who live in darkness.
A blind man could live in the midst of plenty and not know it. A blind man does not recognise the presence of a miracle. The Yorubas have a proverb that sounds like “people dig ditches, cover it with fancy mats and lead the blind man to walk on it” of course the blind man falls in, you will not fall into any ditch as you take these prayer points
Shall we pray :-
Matthew 6:22 “The eye is the lamp of the body. So, if your eye is healthy, your whole body will be full of light, Proverbs 20:12 “Ears that hear and eyes that see – the LORD has made them both.
1)Father I thank you for my physical eyes. I do not take the fact that I can see for granted. I thank you for my spiritual eyes, for the things you have enabled me to see and for the ones I will yet see.
2) Lord I pray for open eyes and clearer visions, may I not be blind to the things that will help me. May I not be blind to the people that will help me.
Luke 24:16 ” But their eyes were held so that they should not know him”
3)Open my eyes to see that Jesus is with me no matter what I go through, unlike the disciples that had Jesus with them and didn’t know it.
Lord let me not miss your visitation but recognise your presence. Of a truth, you do visit, you visit in the least expected form or through a person I can not imagine, let me not be blind to your visitation Lord. Luke 24:31
2 Kings 6:17 ” Then Elisha prayed, “O Lord, open his eyes so he can see.” The Lord opened the servant’s eyes and he saw that the hill was full of horses and chariots of fire…
4)Open my eyes to know I do not battle alone but I’m surrounded my the host of heaven. Open my eyes to see the angels around me and to assign them to tasks as need be.
I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.
5)Open my eyes to see opportunities that lie around me. They might have been there for yrs, it could be a skill that has been left dormant, it could be a relationship, Lord whatever window of opportunity I have that I do not know as I pray, open my eyes to them. Show me great and mighty things that I do not know of. Show me where my benefits are, who my benefactors are! Father, open my eyes!
Psalm 119:18 ” Open my eyes so I can truly see the marvelous things in your law!
6)When I read the bible, Lord open my eyes. Let me see the amazing things you have for me in your instructions. God, remove the filters from my eyes so that I can interpret Scripture through the Spirit of wisdom and understanding.
Acts 9:18 ” And immediately something like scales fell from his eyes, and he regained his sight.
7) every blinding scale, every log of wood, that prevents me from seeing where I’m going, that prevents me from seeing my next level, that prevents me from seeing life or people in their true form….fall from my eyes right now in Jesus name.
I hear “blind spot ” in my spirit.
A blind spot in a vehicle is an area around the vehicle that cannot be directly observed by the driver while at the controls….Listen, while you run your life, you cannot see everything, you will have blind spots, Yoruba people also say ” a lamp cannot see its own bottom ” but listen again…..
Proper adjustment of mirrors and use of other technical solutions can eliminate or alleviate vehicle blind spots.
So when it comes to the vehicle of your life, hand over to God, who alone can eliminate all your blind spots. His vision is never blurred. Selah ( pause and think)
8) Finally, according to Ephesians 1:18
pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened…. The message bible puts it like this ” ask the God of our Master, Jesus Christ, the God of glory—to make you intelligent and discerning in knowing him personally, your eyes focused and clear, so that you can see exactly what it is He is calling you to do, and grasp the immensity of this glorious way of life he has for his followers.
Focus creates blind spots!
Isaiah 26:3 You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!
After posting the last prayer points on blindness, a sister in this group called me to tell me of how God has been dealing with her on these issues and how her eyes were opened to see that “focus creates blind spots” she explained that when you are focused on something you will be blind to other things.
Well, that same day I had to do a long distance drive, I slot in a Message by Fela Durotoye into my car CD player, I was distracted and wasn’t really listening, but suddenly something pulled my mind back to the message and the speaker was saying “Focus creates blind spots…….
I had never listened to that Cd before. I was like “oh what a coincidence, sis Tola just discussed this with me”
Then I drove on, and my mind wandered away again, I entered traffic,got busy….then at a point again something tugged at my heart and said listen to this Cd, it was at the same point where the speaker said “focus creates blind spots…
This time I didn’t say what a coincidence, like Samuel i had learnt to know when the Lord is trying to get my attention. Same sentence 3 times in a few hours? There must be something about that statement that I need to really hear. So I said “speak Lord, your daughter is listening….
And as I listened I got to understand that we need to be blind to somethings, while we FOCUS on the author and finisher of our faith! Hebrews 12:2.
Today we would be aligning our focus in the place of prayer. Let us start with a song
” I sing because I’m happy, I sing because I’m free, for his eyes are on the sparrow and I know He watches me, His eyes are on the sparrow and I know He watches me….
Mathew 14:29-30.. So Peter got off the boat and began to walk on water but when he SAW the churning waves he began to sink.
1) Peter was able to walk on the water by faith, until he took his eyes off Jesus, looking at the storm’s tempest instead. sweet Jesus, i fix my eyes on you, help me to stay focused on you that I may be blind to the waves of this world, the roaring storms that threatens to engulf me.
2) my life’s boat could capsize if I take my eyes off you Lord, if I give attention to the negative influences, to the murmurings and the naysayers. If I elevate my troubles more than God…the troubles at work,marital difficulties, rude people, unfair situations, life’s problems, etc….. Lord, help me keep my eyes on you so I don’t go under! Lord, let all distractions be in my blind spot, let my Focus be your glory which is set ahead of me.
Proverbs 4:25 “Let your eyes look directly in front of you and let your gaze look straight before you.
3) father, It is not enough to see, but what should I be FOCUSED on?
In my business, in my relationships, in my career, in my ministry…keep me FOCUSED on the things that matters, let all the noise and distractions be in my blind spot. Show me the business to do, the man to marry (if single), my next level, how to excel at what I do… Lord, I FOCUS!
Galatians 1:10 ” am I trying to gain the approval of people or of God?…
4) Lord, let all my actions, all my service, all my thoughts and words be about you approving me. Let me not FOCUS on what I think people are thinking about me! let my eyes not be on errors and faults. But may I focus fully on you Lord for you are the just God whom I seek to please.
Sweet Holy Spirit, Help me learn i can’t think for others, so I leave them to think what they will while I live my life FOCUSED on God’s approval of me.
For just a penny you can get two sparrows, yet not one of them dies without God’s permission, every hair on your head has been counted, don’t be afraid, you are worth more than many sparrows!!!
5) His eye is on the sparrow… This is a popular song but today use it to appreciate the God whose FOCUS is on you. If God takes care of creatures as seemingly small and insignificant as sparrows, if He sees the little ants and provides for the birds of the air, then believe me, His eyes are on you.
You may be feeling like time is running out and that thing you desire hasn’t happened….hey, He knows your storms, fix your eyes on Him and you will walk on waters, do not despair. For His eyes are on the sparrow and I know He watches you.
Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have found your deeds UNFINISHED in the sight of my God. (Revelation 3:2 NIV)
How many half-finished projects are hanging around your life? Half done jobs, uncompleted tasks, unfinished books, unfinished courses, unfinished trainings, unfinished building projects, unfinished symphonies, dreams left hanging…The list goes on, for it is easier to start, than to finish.
I’m sure we all have something hanging, something unfinished. Something we have been unable to complete for one reason or the other.
unfinished projects not only create physical clutter, they cause mental clutter, thereby making one feel overwhelmed or disorganised.
it is time to invite the “finisher” into this matter, the one who does a perfect and complete job!
Let us pray :-
*Is it time for you to live in your panelled houses while God’s house lies in ruins? Carefully consider your ways! You planted a lot, but you harvested little. You eat, but you’re never full. You drink, but you’re still thirsty. You wear clothing, but you never have enough to keep you warm. You spend money as fast as you earn it. This is what the Lord of Armies says: Carefully consider your ways! (Haggai 1:4-7 GW)
1) Lord today I consider my ways, I give attention to what needs to be done, Misplaced priorities have caused me to neglect some important tasks, Lord I repent, I retrace my steps and by your grace I give attention to things I need to finish up.
*Ecclesiastes 11:4 “If you wait for perfect conditions you will never get anything done!
Proverbs 3:27-28 “Do not withhold good from those who deserve it, when it is in your power to act. Do not say to your neighbor, ‘Come back later; I’ll give it tomorrow’ – when you now have it with you.”
Tomorrow always seems like a better day to do what you should be doing now. That is why they say “tomorrow never ends” Procrastination is a monster that causes one to neglect tasks, putting it off till later. If you keep procrastinating you can never FINISH a thing, I tell you, many great dreams and talents never see the light of day due to procrastination. Procrastination is the thief of time!
2) Father!!! I break free of procrastination in Jesus name. I will not be robbed of my time, I will not be robbed of the glory prepared for me in finishing well, I will enjoy fulfilment of purpose and even simple tasks. I strongly, vehemently refuse to be robbed by procrastination. I do what I have to do per day!
* 2Corinthians 8:11 “Now FINISH doing it, so that your eagerness may be matched by completing it”.
The message bible version of the verse above says finish what you started and not let your good intentions go stale!
When you leave a thing untouched for long it goes stale, moulds grow on it, it begins to smell. It often looses value.
3) in the name of Jesus I finish and accomplish every good dream The Lord has laid in my heart. My good intentions and plans do not go stale, My ideas do not die by the road side. From today my dreams receive life and I fly. I am a finisher!
* Zechariah 4:6-9 ” “This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel:
‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’
Says the Lord of hosts. Who are you, O great mountain?
Before Zerubbabel you shall become a plain!….The hands of Zerubbabel
Have laid the foundation of this temple; His hands shall also FINISH it.
(Insert your name wherever you find Zerubbabel )
4) father, let the fire of the Holy Spirit come upon my hands! my HANDS shall FINISH all the good things I laid a foundation of. Not by my might oh Lord, but by your spirit, every great mountain, every blockage and hindrance becomes dust and I complete my tasks in Jesus name.
By your spirit I leap over every wall. Psalm18:29
This is not about a physical building project, but my very life is a project, I’m being built up day by day, Lord this destiny must be fulfilled. In my career, my family life, in my ministry…all mountains are made plain and I finish strong in Jesus name.
Lastly, as we celebrate this season, imagine if Jesus was born quite alright, but when He got to the cross he postponed dying, He postponed His purpose till tomorrow! And when tomorrow came he negotiated His way out of dying on the cross. Where would we be if that was the case?
Of course it wasn’t easy, He even prayed that the cup would pass over Him. So finishing is not and easy thing.
So here is my humble prayer ” Dear God, give me the fortitude to finish what I started. I want to quit sometimes when the road gets rough and the hills get hard to climb but if you give me the strength to climb then I can make it to the top. I’m going to finish what I started, starting today.